White Bean Dip
- 2 cups White Bans, Drained (Save Liquid)
- 1/4 cup Bean Cooking Liquid
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled & Minced
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Dill
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Mint
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Natural Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Powder
- Additional Olive Oil and Fresh Herbs, for garnish
- Drain the beans, reserving some of the liquid.
- Combine the beans along with 1/4 cup of their liquid in a blender or food processor and blend with the garlic, dill, mint, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and red pepper powder. Puree it long enough for it to be completely smooth, which will take several minutes. Scrap down the sides if necessary.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning, adding more sea salt or olive oil if desired. If it’s too thick, add a tablespoon or so of the reserved bean liquid or olive oil.
- Garnish with a generous drizzle of olive oil and a scattering of fresh chopped herbs.
- Serve the dip with toasted slices of whole-grain bread or whole-grain crackers.