Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
Makes 7-8 large patties
- 2 cans white beans – drained
- 1 large sweet potato – baked and peeled (about 2 cups mashed)
- 2 T Tahini
- 2 t maple or agave syrup
- 1 t lemon pepper seasoning OR Cajun seasoning ( ½ each!)
- ¼ cup whole wheat, oat, or gluten free-flour
- Optional: additional seasoning (whatever you have on hand – I used a few dashes cayenne, black pepper, and a scoop of nutritional yeast)
- Pink himalayan salt to taste
- Refined Coconut Oil for pan
- Toppings: Grain Buns, avocado, Dijon mustard, spinach, onion, peppers
- Bake the sweet potato – Peel and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add drained beans to mixing bowl
- Mash beans and potato together.
- Mash in seasoning, flour, and any additional seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist but you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour if needed.
- Heat 1 T coconut oil in a pan over high heat.
- Form a patty from mixture then drop the patty in the pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook until browned on both sides.
- Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.
- Serve on ½ bun with lots of tasty toppings.
Live a Nourished Existence,