Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
Strawberries, aside from being a delicious and refreshing summer staple, are loaded with vitamin C, folate, fiber, potassium, and antioxidants. Fortunately for strawberry lovers, one serving of berries offers 85 mg of vitamin C (or 140% of the Recommended Daily Value.) Eating just one serving of strawberries (or about 8 berries per day) may help improve heart health, lower the risk of developing some cancers, and lower blood pressure.
I am a die-hard coconut addict.
I live for coconut. I love its lauric acids, medium-chain triglycerides, and silky, buttery taste. Lauric acid has been shown to increases the good HDL cholesterol in the blood to help improve cholesterol ratio levels. Coconut oil can also boost thyroid function, helping to increase metabolism, energy, and endurance. It increases digestion and helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins. Seriously, I am convinced that coconut is the ultimate superfood.
Anytime I can bring strawberry and coconut together, I do.
I am swooning over this dreamy Strawberry Apple Crisp. Juicy strawberries, tart apples, buttery coconut, and earthy rolled oats entwine together creating a taste bud sensation of summery flavors.
Strawberry Apple Crisp
- 2 Apples; Peeled, Cored, and Diced. (I use granny smith because their tart qualities balance out the sweetness of the strawberries. Any apple will do – choose your favorites.)
- 1 lb of Fresh Strawberries; Sliced (I just buy one container and use the entire thing.)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Butter, Warmed
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Warmed
- 1 Cup Rolled or Quick Oats (Use certified GF for Gluten Free option.)
- 2 Tbsp Flour of your choice (I opt for more Rolled Oats in a blender.)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- Cinnamon To Taste
- Shredded Coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 x 8 glass baking dish with coconut or olive oil.
- Combine your chopped fruit and 2 Tbsp of coconut oil in a small bowl. Transfer to the glass baking dish and spread evenly.
- Combine Coconut Butter, Coconut Oil, Oats, Flour, Coconut Sugar, Lemon Zest, and Cinnamon in separate bowl. Spread evenly over fruit filling.
- Sprinkle top with Shredded Coconut and a touch of Cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden and fruit is bubbling.
- Enjoy warm! I prefer to pair mine with almond or coconut ice cream.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week (although I highly doubt it will last that long.)