Salmon’s reputation as a healthy food is largely based on it’s unusually high Omega-3 fatty acid content. 4 oz of salmon normally contains at least 2 grams of Omega-3 fats, which is more than the average U.S. adult gets from food over the course of several days. However, salmon boasts some other pretty incredible qualities as well.
Salmon has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body by supporting healthy joint cartilage and other types of tissues. Salmon also supports cognitive function, aids in cancer prevention due to its high levels of vitamin D, improves vision, enhances cardiovascular health, and brightens skin and hair.
Try pairing this delicious salmon fillet with roasted veggies, homemade sweet potato fries, brown rice, or garlicky asparagus.
Spicy Salmon With Lime
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1 tablespoon Honey or Agave
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt or Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 lbs Salmon Fillet
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- Heat oven to 425°.
- In a bowl, whisk together juice, honey or agave, sriracha, and salt.
- Place salmon, skin side down, in a baking dish lined with parchment paper; pour lime-honey mixture over top.
- Roast salmon until cooked through and flaky, 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro & serve immediately.