Skinny Queso Dip
- 1 cup Skim Milk
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion, Minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Poblano Pepper, Diced
- 1-2 Jalapeños, Seeded & Diced
- 1/2 cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 10 oz can Rotel Tomatoes w/Chiles, Drained & Diced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper, To Taste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 3/4 cups Shredded Fat-Free Sharp Cheddar
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of the milk with 3 tbsp of cornstarch to create a slurry; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, poblano, and jalapeno and cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Season with sea salt, to taste.
- Add the chicken broth and the rest of the milk.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Add the slurry (cornstarch mixture) to the pan and stir. Simmer a minute until it bubbles and thickens, then reduce heat to low.
- Add the drained tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, sea salt, and pepper.
- Remove from heat and add the cheese. Stir until it melts completely.
- Serve immediately.