Strawberries are loaded with vitamin C, folate, fiber, potassium, and antioxidants. Fortunately for strawberry lovers, one serving of berries offers 85 mg of vitamin C (or 140% of the Recommended Daily Value.) Eating just one serving of strawberries (or about 8 per day) may help improve heart health, lower the risk of developing some cancers, and lower blood pressure.
Maca has been shown to boost endurance and build stamina. Maca is also a complete protein providing all of the essential amino acids. It contains an abundance of calcium, iron, magnesium, sodium, sulfur, potassium, and phosphorous. Maca also contains an assortment of vitamins including C, E, B1 (thiamine) and B2 (riboflavin).
Dates add a natural rich sweetness plus fiber and antioxidants.
Almond milk provides a great dairy-free alternative and provides more nutrients than your standard milk, is blood-sugar friendly, contains 30% of our recommended daily value of calcium and 25% of Vitamin D, and adds in another gram of protein.
Rise and Shine Morning Smoothie
- 1 1/4 cups Organic Orange Juice (Minimally Processed or Fresh Pressed!)
- 1 Ripe Banana, Peeled & Sliced
- 1 cup Raspberries, Frozen or Fresh
- 1/2 cup Strawberries, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Date Paste or 1 Date, Pitted
- 2-3 Ice Cubes
- 1 teaspoon Maca Powder
- Combing all ingredients in blender
- Blend on high
- Pour in a glass
- Sip and enjoy!
Choose to Nourish,