This quick and easy breakfast cookie combines protein-packed peanut butter, high-fiber oats, healthy fats from walnuts, and are sweetened with applesauce and bananas instead of refined sugars. Protein powder will keep mid-morning hunger pains at bay.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- 2 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter [or nut butter of your choice]
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2-2 cup Quick Oats, Uncooked
- 1/4 cup Chopped Nuts (Walnuts or Almonds)
- If you want to indulge, add some dark chocolate, carob chips, or cacao nibs
- Optional: 1 Tbsp Maca Powder for an extra energy boost
- Preheat heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed banana and nut butter until completely combined. Add in the applesauce, protein powder, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the oats and nuts to the banana mixture.
- Drop cookie dough, by spoonfuls, onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and flatten cookies into circles. (Add the optional carob, dark chocolate chips, or cacao nibs on the top of the cookies now.)
- Bake cookies approximately 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then move to cooling rack.
- When cookies are completely cool, store in a covered container in the fridge.