Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw
These No Bake Dark Chocolate & Oatmeal Energy Bites pack a powerful punch! They boast healthy ingredients like oatmeal, coconut, protein powder, peanut butter, and flax.
Peanut butter is a great protein + healthy fat. 2 tablespoons of quality peanut butter contain 7g of protein. Our bodies use the amino acids found in protein to build and repair muscle tissue. Protein-rich foods, like peanut butter, also keep us feeling fuller for longer. An appropriate serving size of peanut butter is a great source of potassium, poly and monounsaturated healthy fats, and provide us with 2g of fiber.
Oats are a complex carb that take longer to digest. Oats will stabilize your blood sugar and allow you to get through your day with less cravings. Oats are also high in fiber, low in fat, high in protein, and help reduce LDL (bad cholesterol.)
Dark chocolate and cacao are filled with iron, dietary fiber, calcium, zinc, potassium, and antioxidants.
Oatmeal Energy Bites are perfect for on-the-go breakfast, snack, or dessert.
Makes about 20-25 balls
- 1 cup Quick Oats or Rolled Oats, Uncooked [Certified GF for GF option]
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder [Plant based for Vegan option]
- 2/3 cup Coconut Flakes, Toasted
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Flaxseed, Ground
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips [Carob for Dairy Free and/or Vegan option|
- 1/3 cup Raw Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Grind whole flaxseed in a small blender or Magic Bullet.
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls about 1″ in diameter.
- Store in an airtight container & keep refrigerated.