In honor of National Women’s Health Week I will be posting articles, facts, and information on the very important topic of Women’s Health!
What Is National Women’s Health Week?
National Women’s Health Week is a week dedicated to empowering and educating women and girls on the topic of Women’s Health! The goal is to empower women to make their health a priority. National Women’s Health Week also serves as a time to help women understand what it means to be a well woman.
What Does It Mean To Be A Well Woman?
Being a well woman is a state of mind. It’s being as healthy as you can be and, most importantly, it’s about taking steps to improve your physical and mental health.
- Visit your health care professional and receive your regular checkups and preventive screenings.
- Get Active
- Eat Healthy
- Pay attention to your mental health – This includes getting enough sleep and managing your stress.
- Avoid unhealthy behaviors such as smoking, excessive drinking, texting while driving, not wearing a seatbelt, or not wearing a bicycle helmet.
How Can You Celebrate National Women’s Health Week?
I invite you to join in on the celebration!
- Pledge to be a well woman
- Schedule your annual well woman exam
- Educate yourself on the topic of women’s health
- Spread the word through social media
- Get your friends involved
- Organize a fun women-oriented meet-up or event!