Green tea has long been studied and reported for its various health benefits, most notably its high antioxidant content, but matcha green tea is even healthier!
Matcha is premium green tea powder from Japan used as tea or an ingredient in recipes. Matcha is renowned for numerous health benefits.
- One cup of matcha tea has 10x the antioxidants of green or black tea, and gram for gram, matcha has 10-20x the antioxidant power of blueberries, acai, or pomegranates.
- The health benefits of matcha tea exceed those of green tea because when you drink matcha you ingest the whole leaf, not just the brewed water.
- Matcha is rich in nutrients, antioxidants, fiber, and chlorophyll.
- Matcha green tea has theanine which helps promote a calm and focused mind and lessens the caffeine spike so you get a more sustained energy boost.
Try this delightful Matcha Green Tea Smoothie for a refreshing morning boost or an afternoon thirst-quencher.
Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
- 1/2 tbsp Matcha Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Maca Powder
- 1 Cup Organic Green Tea
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Sugar (or healthy alternative sweetener such as Date Paste)
- 4-6 Ice Cubes
- Blend all ingredients
- Pour into glass
- Sip and enjoy!