Hoodies, hot cocoa, boots, jeans, cuddling, crisp air, and flushed cheeks… Doesn’t fall feel like a new year or beginning of sorts? As soon as the weather turns chilly I start craving apples, cinnamon, pumpkin, cider, cocoa, and squash.
I live for Autumn.
During one particularly chilly and rainy day this past week, I modified my favorite Vanilla & Blueberry Protein Pancakes into something that feels a little more “Fall.”
Maple Protein Pancakes
Makes approximately 2 large or 3 small pancakes
- Coconut Oil or Olive Oil (for cooking)
- 1/4 Cup Wheat Flour (*For GF option – 1/4 Cup Oat Flour or 1/2 Cup Quick Oats, Dry and Blended)
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg White
- 1/4 Cup Maple Yogurt OR 1/4 Cup Plain Yogurt + 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
- 1 Apple, Peeled & Diced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Topping: Additional fruit, nuts (walnuts, pecans), cinnamon, coconut butter, and/or pure maple syrup.
- Heat coconut oil or olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, protein powder, and baking powder.
- Whisk in the egg white, yogurt, and your choice of milk. Mix well – the batter will be very thick.
- Gently fold in apples and cinnamon.
- Cook until golden.
- Top with additional apples, walnuts, pecans, cinnamon, and/or pure maple syrup.