Lately, I’ve had some questions about kid-friendly nutritious recipes. The Green Monster smoothie is the perfect opportunity to get picky eaters to enjoy a serving of spinach – and other nutrients – without their knowledge.
If you haven’t tried a green smoothie before, don’t be put off by it. I promise this smoothie is delicious! Don’t be frightened by the green color or the spinach. You can’t even taste the spinach. The chocolate and peanut butter are powerful flavors and mask any lingering spinach taste.
Why should you try a Green Monster smoothie? This super-drink is packed with vitamins. Vitamin A, C, K, iron, fiber, folate, lutein, magnesium, potassium, protein, and calcium!
A Green Monster smoothie is the perfect introduction to the smoothie world for anyone just starting out.
Play around with the different ingredients below until you find something that pleases your little one’s taste buds.
Green Monster Smoothie
- Handful of Raw Spinach
- 2 T Natural Creamy Peanut Butter or Nut Butter
- 1 C chocolate milk (Chocolate will mask the green color for picky eaters. I prefer raw cocoa powder or chocolate almond milk in mine.)
- 1 t Honey or Agave
- Flax Seed (No taste – great source of Omega-3’s and Fiber!)
- 3-4 Ice Cubes
- Optional add-ins to play around with, depending on the little ones food preferences: banana, cinnamon, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, granny smith apple, or chocolate/vanilla yogurt for added calcium and probiotics.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
- Pour into a fun glass and add a straw
This was my introduction to Green Smoothies a while back. Give it a try and see what you think!
Live a Nourished Existence,