Gluten Free, Vegetarian
A fresh idea for a healthy breakfast – These pancakes are a protein and fiber powerhouse!
Certified Gluten Free Oats are a low-calorie food and stay in your stomach longer. This means you feel fuller, longer. Oats will stabilize your blood sugar and allow you to get through your morning with less cravings. Oats are also high in fiber, low in fat, high in protein, and help reduce LDL (bad cholesterol.)
Egg whites are high in protein (1 cup of egg whites contains 26 grams of protein) and low in cholesterol. They also contain essential minerals including potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, copper, zinc, and iron. Eggs also pack in vitamins such as folate, B-12, and choline.
Almonds are packed with protein! 1/4 cup contains about 7 grams. Almonds are also a healthy fat and a source of energy-boosting essential minerals like calcium, zinc, manganese, and iron.
Coconut oil has a saturated fat called lauric acid, a type of MCT. It has been shown that lauric acid increases the good HDL cholesterol in the blood to help improve cholesterol ratio levels. Coconut oil can also boost thyroid function helping to increase metabolism, energy, and endurance. It increases digestion and helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes
- Coconut Oil
- 6 Egg Whites
- 1 cup Rolled or Quick Oats, Dry
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup Almonds, Soaked
- 2 tsp Raw Honey
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Flax Seed
- (Optional) Fruit: apples, blueberries, & strawberries. I occasionally mix chopped apples or blueberries into my batter. yum!
- Heat a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
- In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth. If you are adding fruit, mix in by hand once you are done blending.
- Scoop a spoonful of coconut oil out of the jar and onto the griddle. Wait until completely melted.
- For each pancake pour 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle. Flip when they start to bubble. Cook until golden brown.
- Top with fruit, agave, cinnamon, and/or your favorite nut butter.
Have A Happy & Healthy Morning!