Avocados are a high-fiber, sodium and cholesterol free food that provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, are rich in healthy fats (such as omega-3 fatty acids), vitamins A, C, D, E, K and the B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, biotin, vitamin B-6, vitamin B-12 and folate) as well as potassium.
Eggs are a great source of protein and keep you feeling fuller, longer throughout your morning.
Healthy Baked Avo-Eggs
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Small Eggs
- Optional Seasonings: Cayenne Pepper, Chili Pepper Flakes, Garlic Salt, Garlic Powder, Chopped Chives, Sea Salt and/or Fresh Cracked Pepper, To Taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 °F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Half your avocado and remove the pit. Place avocados on baking sheet and crack one egg into each half. Sprinkle with your choice of seasonings.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until egg is cooked to your liking.