Fresh Corn and Herb Pasta Salad
Recipe adapted from Thug Kitchen
- ½ cup of Each Herb: Green Onions, Cilantro, Dill (or Basil), and Parsley, Chopped
- 4-5 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped
- 6 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Zest
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 pound of Pasta (Whole Wheat, Quinoa, Brown Rice, Whatever you like) *Use quinoa noodles for GF option
- 1 crown Broccoli
- 3 medium-sized Tomatoes
- 2 ears of Raw Corn
- Pepper To Taste
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan or Mozzarella Cheese, If Desired *No cheese or dairy-free for Vegan option
- Toss the herbs, garlic, vinegar, oil, lemon zest, and salt into a food processor or blender and blend until it looks like a sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. While the pasta cooks, cut up the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. You should get around 3-4 cups.
- In the last 2 minutes of boiling the pasta, throw the broccoli in there.
- After 1-2 minutes drain the pot, then run cold water over pasta and broccoli to keep the broccoli looking bright green. The broccoli should be cooked but still a little crisp.
- Cut the raw corn off the cob and chop up the tomatoes into pieces about the size of a dime. Mix together the pasta, corn, tomatoes, and herb sauce in a big mixing bowl.
- Add pepper to taste. If using cheese, add in now and toss.
- You can serve this at room temperature but it can also chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Choose to Nourish,