Fall is officially here!
I love adore this time of year. Cool weather, honey crisp apples, sweaters, hot cacao, walks in the woods, crunchy leaves, fireplaces, boots, chai, chocolate, and pumpkin EVERYTHING!
Pumpkin recipes are in full swing out in social media world and I am happy to contribute to the fall madness.
These soft and gooey Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Bars are perfect for welcoming fall. Nourishing pumpkin combined with dark chocolate all filled with energy and goodness.
Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Bars
*Can Be Gluten Free & Vegan
- 6 tablespoons Coconut Oil, Warmed
- 1 (16-ounce) can Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Agave or Honey
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Pure Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 cup Almond, Coconut, or Whole Wheat Flour (*Almond or Coconut for GF)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Raw Cacao Powder (Regular Cocoa Powder Is Fine Too)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate, Chopped (*Carob for Vegan Option)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch square baking dish. (I use coconut oil to grease.)
- In a large bowl whisk together coconut oil, pumpkin, agave, milk, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and pumpkin spice.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in dark chocolate or carob.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Enjoy with Spiced Hot Chocolate or Raw Hot Chocolate