Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
Almonds are one of my favorite nuts. They are packed with protein (1/4 cup contains about 7 grams), healthy fats, and a great source of energy-boosting essential minerals like calcium, zinc, manganese, and iron.
Raw Cacao beans in their natural, unprocessed, unaltered state are rich in nutrients and beneficial to health. Raw chocolate or cacao powder contains many important vitamins and minerals including:
- Magnesium, and other essential minerals including calcium, sulfur, zinc, iron, copper, potassium, and manganese
- Polyphenols called flavonoids, with antioxidant properties
- Vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5, B9, E
- Essential heart-healthy fat: oleic acid a monounsaturated fat
Raw cacao has also been shown to lower blood pressure and improve circulation, promote cardiovascular function, neutralize free radicals, improve digestion, and enhance mental well-being. Try to find a dark chocolate that is at least 70% cacao or more in order to truly receive the benefits of this raw superfood.
This radical combo of almonds and dark chocolate is a superfood snack and will sooth even the most powerful sweet tooth!
Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds
- 2 cups Roasted Almonds
- 1 tablespoon Stevia
- 2 bars Alter Eco Dark Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Break up chocolate bars into 1/2 inch pieces in a medium bowl; place bowl over simmering water on the stove top until melted.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds with stevia, nutmeg, vanilla, and melted chocolate; stir until well coated.
- Transfer nuts to prepared baking sheets. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer.