Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw, Paleo
Confessed coconut addict right here.
I live for coconut. I love its lauric acids, medium-chain triglycerides, and silky, buttery taste.
I drink coconut water in my smoothies, cook with organic coconut oil, eat coconut & peanut spread off a spoon, use coconut butter for baking, and apply straight coconut oil to my face and body.
Is there anything coconut can’t do?
Raw forms of cacao (another amazing superfood) are filled with iron, dietary fiber, calcium, zinc, potassium, and antioxidants.
Overall, these bars are a superfood winner!
Dark Chocolate Coconut Bars
- 2 cups Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, Warmed
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (*or Carob for dairy-free, vegan option)
- Warm coconut oil until it is liquid. (Place in a hot water bath)
- Place everything except the chocolate chips in a blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth. (This will take about 5 minutes or so.)
- Spread into a 9×5 plastic container or something foil-lined.
- Freeze for about 15 minutes.
- While coconut mixture is freezing, melt chocolate chips. This is your chance to experiment! I mixed chunky nut butter into my warm dark chocolate chips and next time I’m trying peppermint.
- Spread melted chocolate over frozen coconut and stick in the freezer until chocolate is hardened.
- Pop out of container/remove foil and chop into pieces.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.