I am a confessed coconut addict.
The benefits of coconut water are innumerable. Coconut water is the base for most of my smoothies. It’s power-packed with 5 electrolytes (3 more than Gatorade!), is brimming with significant amounts of Vitamin C, B-Vitamins, Calcium, Riboflavin, Dietary Fiber, and Magnesium, and is naturally antimicrobial and antibacterial.
Combine this miracle drink with iron-packed spinach, the healthy-fats of almonds, the Vitamin C of oranges, and the anti-inflammatory properties of ginger and honey – and you end up with a super-charged morning smoothie.
It can be fairly challenging to keep fresh produce in the house and find the time each morning to separate out what you need. This recipe is perfect for people on the fly. Prep Sunday night and have smoothie poppers for the rest of the week, without letting produce go bad!
Coconut, Almond, & Green Smoothie Poppers
- 2 cups Coconut Water
- 1/3 cup Soaked Almonds (soak for several hours before hand)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach (you will not be able to taste the spinach)
- 2 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint
- 1/2 Orange, Peeled
- 1 tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ginger, Peeled and Chopped
- 2 cups Mango Cubes
- 1 Heaping Scoop of Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons Maca *optional
- Place the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Divide mixture among 12 muffin cups and freeze until solid.
- Pop out your smoothie poppers and store in a gallon ziplock bag in the freezer.
- When ready for a refreshing drink, combine 1 cup coconut water with 2 smoothie poppers.
- Blend & Enjoy!