In my past life I was a die-hard Reeses fan.
Unfortunately, there is not a place in my healthy lifestyle for a Reeses anymore. Check out the ingredients in traditional Reece’s Cups….
Peanuts, sugar, dextrose, vegetable oil (cocoa butter, palm, shea, sunflower and/or safflower oil), chocolate, nonfat milk, contains 2% or less of milk fat, lactose, salt, whey, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, corn syrup, soy lecithin, cornstarch, glycerin, TBHQ & PGPR, vanillin
Sigh. Why are trans fat, soy product, and HFCS in almost everything?! Many of these ingredients are just not something I would like to “indulge” in anymore.
So, how do you give into your cravings without sacrificing your hard-earned physique and health? You sink your teeth into these healthy and delicious Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Balls!
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 2 cups Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Agave or Raw Honey
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp Maca Powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- Water, as needed
- 2 cups 65% Cocoa (or higher) Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Mix peanut butter, agave, protein powder, maca powder, & sea salt in a large bowl. Add water to get a desirable consistency. You’ll want the mixture to stick together but not be runny.
- Roll mixture into balls (approx.1 tablespoon per ball) and place on a plate. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes or until hard.
- In a small pot, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil over medium-low heat, stirring often, until smooth. Add in vanilla.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- Dip your protein balls into the melted chocolate and arrange on baking sheet.
- Let set for 30-45 minutes, then place in the refrigerator for another 30-45 minutes before serving. Keep extras stored in the refrigerator.
If you’re feeling extra daring in the kitchen, try these amazing Superfood Nut Butter Cups from MyNewRoots.