Craving something SWEET!? Want to stick to your clean eating plan? Get ready for single serve, gooey, chocolatey goodness that has a clean eating stamp of approval.
This 5 minutes chocolate chip mug cake with protein frosting combines whole grain flour with applesauce, healthy fats, protein powder, and dark chocolate chips resulting in a craving smashing, spoon licking, clean eating winner of a dessert.
5-Minute Chocolate Chip Mug Cake With Chocolate Protein Frosting
*Can be dairy free, vegan, and gluten-free
Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour (*or GF flour)
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Milk (I prefer Coconut or Almond *dairy free)
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil (or add more milk)
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Small handful of Dark Chocolate Chips (*use carob for dairy free, vegan option)
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (or any flavor, really! *use plant-based for vegan/dairy free)
- 1-2 tbsp Milk of Choice (I prefer coconut)
Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Batter will be thicker, like cookie dough.
- Scoop into a greased ramekins, small bowl, or a large mug. (About 3/4 full – batter will poof up!)
- Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds (Microwave times will vary depending on wattage).
- Let cool before trying to pop out. Use a knife to loosen the sides and turn upside down onto a plate.
Chocolate Protein Frosting
- In small bowl, combine 1 scoop protein powder and 1 tbsp milk of choice. Mix. Add more milk as needed, but keep a thicker consistency.
- Drizzle protein frosting over warm chocolate chip mug cake. Top with a few more dark chocolate chips.
- Enjoy your healthy, single serve dessert!