Need a little healthy Monday morning pick-me-up? Try this Cafe Mocha Smoothie adapted from The Fitness Dish.
Coffee, when consumed black and in moderation, can provide some pretty incredible health benefits!
Coffee is a super potent source of some pretty incredible antioxidants. Antioxidants flight inflammation in the body.
People who drink coffee have been found to be less likely to suffer Alzheimer’s disease and drinking coffee over a long period of time may also reduce the risk of heart disease. Coffee has also been shown to prevent type 2 diabetes, protect to liver against cirrhosis and cancer, improve short-term memory, and improve reaction time.
In coffee’s case, more is definitely not better. Coffee can also cause irritability, nervousness, anxiety, or impact quality of sleep. Stick with about 8 oz of black coffee per day and stay away from the fat-filled, sugar-laden, coffeehouse variety.
Café Mocha Protein Smoothie
- 1 Tablespoon Coffee Beans
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Cacao, Carob Powder or Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Hemp Seeds
- 1 scoop Protein Powder (Vanilla or Chocolate)
- 1/2 Frozen Ripe Banana
- Cinnamon to Taste
- 10 ounces of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high until frothy.
- Enjoy immediately!
Live a Nourished Existence,