I nabbed this original gem of a recipe from The Veggie Nook! Check out Gabby’s blog for some delicious plant-based recipes and healthy tips.
There is just something about muffins – with their delightful fruits that contrast beautifully with the cake-like texture. Muffins are always trying to convince you that they’re a healthy snack and they put on a great performance. “Look at my juicy blueberries!” or “There is bran in my name – so I must be healthy!“
Muffins are, unfortunately, packed with refined sugars, white flours, preservatives, and artificials. A medium-sized blueberry muffin typically has more calories and fat than a McDonald’s Sausage McMuffin. Low-fat muffins are, more often than not, supplemented with more sugar.
These bites taste just like their baked cousin, but without all the added sugar and refined flours! They are packed full of antioxidants, energy boosting maca, blueberry flavor, and complimented by cinnamon and vanilla. They also boast Omega-3’s and whole grains. A perfect snack that can be carried around with you for all those hunger emergencies!
Blueberry Muffin Energy Bites
- 1 cup Walnut Halves
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1/2 cup Dried Blueberries
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 T Maca Powder
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- Process the all the ingredients [except the oats] in a food processor until it form a dough that will stick together.
- Add in the oats and pulse until small and combined.
- Scoop out the mixture in heaping tablespoons and roll into balls.
- Can be enjoyed at room temperature or cold.
- Store extras in the fridge.
Live a Nourished Existence,