Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw
These super easy Berry, Melon, & Kiwi pops are packed with delicious fruit and boast some amazing nutritional benefits.
Watermelon is not only delicious, but extremely healthy as well. In fact, most melons are rich in potassium, a nutrient that may help control blood pressure, regulate heart beat, and possibly prevent strokes. Watermelon is abundant in Vitamin C, a disease-fighting antioxidant. Watermelon is also a valuable source of lycopene. Research indicates that lycopene is helpful in reducing the risk of prostate, breast, and endometrial cancers, as well as lung and colon cancer.
Blueberries are very rich in nutrients like Anthocyanin, Vitamin C, B complex, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, copper (a very effective immune builder and anti-bacterial), selenium, zinc, and iron. Blueberries boost up your immune system and help to prevent infections. Blueberries are also known for their ability to reduce free-radicals, which are produced by the body during normal metabolic reactions. Free-radicals are easily handled by the body through antioxidants, but if antioxidants are unavailable, excessive damage can occur.
Strawberries may help lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels as well as reduce the risk level for heart disease. Strawberries, much like blueberries, also boast significant antioxidant properties and high levels of Vitamin C.
The fiber in kiwi helps regulate the digestive system as well as stabilize blood sugar levels. Kiwi is high in Vitamin C, reduces inflammation, and supports bone and connective tissue.
What great reasons to eat more fruit! Start with these Berry, Melon, & Kiwi Pops. Yum!
Recipe from Mama Earth Organics
- 3 cups Watermelon, Pureed
- 1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries, Chopped
- 1 Kiwi, Peeled & Sliced
- 1 Peach or Nectarine, Diced Small
- Handful of Fresh Cherries, Pitted & Chopped
- Cut the watermelon into chunks and then puree it in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Set out about 1 dozen popsicle molds (amount needed will vary depending on size of molds). Fill each one with the chopped fresh fruit. Then pour in the watermelon puree until each mold is full to the top. Place a popsicle stick into each one. Place into your freezer and freeze for about 6 to 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, run the popsicle molds under warm water for a few seconds and then pull each one out.