There’s no better pairing for a healthy smoothie than strawberries and almonds. Aside from the way their flavors blend, they both deliver heart-healthy nutrients.
Strawberries are loaded with vitamin C, folate, fiber, potassium, and antioxidants. Fortunately for strawberry lovers, one serving of berries offers 85 mg of vitamin C (or 140% of the Recommended Daily Value.) Eating just one serving of strawberries (or about 8 per day) may help improve heart health, lower the risk of developing some cancers, and lower blood pressure.
Almonds are packed with protein! 1/4 cup contains about 7 grams. Almonds are also a healthy fat and a source of energy-boosting essential minerals like calcium, zinc, manganese, and iron.
Almond milk provides a great dairy-free alternative and provides more nutrients than your standard milk, is blood-sugar friendly, contains 30% of our recommended daily value of calcium and 25% of Vitamin D, and adds in another gram of protein.
Goji berries contain 18 amino acids, including all eight essential amino acids. They are also very nutrient dense with up to 21 trace minerals and high amounts of antioxidants.
Maca has been shown to boost endurance and build stamina. Maca is also a complete protein providing all of the essential amino acids. It contains an abundance of calcium, iron, magnesium, sodium, sulfur, potassium, and phosphorous. Maca also contains an assortment of vitamins including C, E, B1 (thiamine) and B2 (riboflavin).
Dates add a natural rich sweetness plus fiber and antioxidants.
Awesome Almond Strawberry Smoothie
- 1/2 cup Strawberries, Sliced (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1/4 cup Almonds (Soaked Overnight if possible – Unsoaked are just fine)
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoon Goji Berries
- Ice Cubes
- 1 tablespoon Maca (Optional)
- 2 Medjool Dates, Pitted OR Agave/Honey (Optional for sweetness)
- Sprinkle of Cacao Nibs or Slivered Almonds
- Soak almonds overnight. Rinse in the morning (skins should slide off)
- Combine everything (except Cacao Nibs/Slivered Almonds) in blender
- Blend, sprinkle with Cacao Nibs or Slivered Almonds.