Sometimes, it’s easy to forget that nutrition can come in the most simple of form. Apples are a perfect example of nutrition at its simplest.
Apples are an incredible antioxidant as well as a great source of fiber. Apples have also been shown to whiten teeth, decrease risks of diabetes, lower cholesterol, aid in both constipation and diarrhea, and keep your heart healthy.
These apple slice sandwiches are my favorite snack. I slice up apples and keep a container with peanut butter, walnuts, coconut, almonds, and dark chocolate bits with me at work. It’s the perfect solution to mid-day hunger pains.
Apple Slice Sandwiches
- 1 Apple of Your Choice ( I recommend Honey Crisp!)
- Peanut Butter or Nut Butter of Your Choice
- Optional Add ins: Walnuts (Chopped), Almonds (Slivered) Shredded Coconut, Dark Chocolate (or Carob for a Vegan Option), granola, cinnamon, or pumpkin spice.
- Core your apple and cut into slices.
- Cover with peanut butter or nut butter and any combination of toppings.