A positive sense of yourself is absolutely key in your overall health and happiness. The more you practice new thought patterns and positive thinking, the better you will feel about who you are and the body you naturally have.
One list cannot automatically tell you how to turn negative body thoughts into positive body image, but it can introduce you to healthier ways of looking at yourself and your body.
10 Steps To A Positive Body Image
1. Appreciate everything your body is capable of doing such as running, jumping, walking, or stretching.
2. Wear clothing that makes you feel good about your body and that you are comfortable in.
3. Surround yourself with positive and uplifting people.
4. Do something nice for yourself — something that lets your body know you appreciate it.
5. Look at yourself as a whole person and avoid focusing on specific body parts.
6. Stick post-its on your bathroom mirror or desk covered in things you love about yourself and positive quotes that resonate with you.
7. Shut down the voices in your head that are telling you that you are fat or unhealthy. They are no longer welcome.
8. Remind yourself daily that “beautiful” radiates from within. Beautiful is a state of mind.
9. Become a critical viewer of social and media messages. Pay attention to images, slogans, or attitudes that make you feel bad about yourself or your body — then remove them from your life.
10. Instead of wasting time and energy counting calories focus on simply nourishing your body with clean, whole foods and water.
Choose To Nourish,